Getting around with your own car makes life in Sicily MUCH easier. That is why I reccomend you to rent a car directly at the airport if your are not already driving one.
Here you can find the best car rental deals:
Having said that, here are TWO EXCEPTIONS:
- You have chosen a location like Taormina that is better served by public transport;
- Your main goal of your holiday is to unwind therefore the one only route that you’ll be taking is that from the house to the beach and back.
If your holiday falls in any of these two exceptions, I’ll put for you a few taxi contacts and a useful public transport link.
TAXI – TRANSFER
- Mr Daniele Natalotto. Area covered: Ragusa, Syracuse, transfers Catania – Ragusa, Ragusa – Palermo, available for special requests & excursions in Ragusa province. firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel. 0039 3939750118;
- Ms Laura Maccarone. Area covered: Catania, Taormina, Syracuse, transfers from Catania airport. email@example.com / Tel. 0039 393 6171637;
- Mr Salvatore Gulisano. Area covered: Catania/Taormina 60 Euros (max. 4 people.) firstname.lastname@example.org / www.taxisalvogulisano.it.
©photo Derrick de Ruiter